Having good lighting is obviously very important for photography and film, something I have found reflected in the pricing of modern studio gear. A professional soft light set up can cost almost as much as the camera. So, after researching the available options I decided it would be a lot more fun to make my own fixtures.
- Use T-8 tubes. They’re more efficient, and the power supplies are easier to find in 4 tube versions.
- Reflective tape or tinfoil and spray tack glue will make a very nice reflector surface.
- Put an inline power switch in your cord, it will get used a lot more often than you think
- The first one you build isn’t gonna be that nice, go slowly and do it right the second time.
- Those power supplies are very high voltage, be careful!!
That’s all for now!